|Book 1 - Basic Problem Solving
- Describe the formal problem-solving approach.
- Select appropriate problem-solving strategies.
|Book 2 - Starting Out with Numbers
- Interpret the meaning of numbers found in the real world.
- Solve problems requiring whole number addition.
- Interpret and solve addition problems involving large numbers.
|Book 3 - The Other Basic Operations
- Solve problems requiring multiplication.
- Solve problems requiring subtraction.
- Solve problems requiring division.
|Book 4 - Putting Basic Operations to Work
- Select and use the correct basic operation required to solve problems.
- Solve problems requiring two different operations.
- Solve complex problems requiring more than two basic operations.
|Book 5 - Fractions
- Solve problems requiring the multiplication of fractions.
- Solve problems requiring the addition of fractions.
- Solve problems requiring the subtraction of fractions.
|Book 6 - Decimals
- Solve problems requiring regrouping by tens.
- Solve problems involving basic operations with decimals.
- Express fractions as decimals.
|Book 7 - Estimating
- Recognize when estimation is appropriate.
- Determine the level of accuracy required of an estimate based on the situation.
- Apply three estimation techniques to solve real-life problems.
|Book 8 - The Calculator
- Calculate the solution to problems requiring basic operations.
- Estimate to check the reasonableness of calculator solutions.
- Calculate the solution to problems using a memory key.
|Book 9 - Presenting Percents
- Solve percent problems.
- Solve sales tax and tip problems.
- Solve credit problems.
|Book 1 - Monetary Estimation
- Solve monetary estimation problems involving decimals.
- Estimate the solution to monetary problems using fractions.
- Estimate the solution to problems involving percent.
|Book 2 - Measurement
- Measure and convert common quantities using the English System.
- Measure and convert quantities using the Metric System.
- Convert English measures to metric and vice versa.
|Book 3 - Extending the Number Line
- Add and subtract negative numbers.
- Locate points on a coordinate grid system and interpret points found on a coordinate grid system.
- Solve problems involving time.
|Book 4 - Plane Geometry
- Solve problems requiring the calculation of quadrilateral perimeters and areas.
- Calculate the area and perimeter of a right triangle.
- Solve problems for two-dimensional shapes requiring the value of pi.
|Book 5 - Solid Geometry
- Calculate the volume of rectangular solids.
- Calculate the volume of prisms and pyramids.
- Calculate the volume of cylinders, cones, and spheres.
|Book 6 - Consumer Math
- Solve problems involving comparisons.
- Solve consumer problems involving cost per unit.
- Solve ratio problems.
|Book 7 - Patterns
- Solve problems that involve the recognition of patterns.
- Identify three types of graphs.
- Solve problems requiring the interpretation of graphs.
|Book 8 - Data Sampling
- Interpret data using averages.
- Determine whether samples are fair representations of the total from which drawn.
- Identify misleading presentations of data.
|Book 9 - Probability and Statistics
- Express probability as a fraction or decimal.
- Calculate probability in simple games of chance.
- Solve problems involving probability.
|Book 1 - Writing Fractions
- Express a part of a whole as a fraction.
- Find fractions on number lines.
- Generate fraction families.
- Add or subtract fractions.
- Add or subtract mixed numbers.
|Book 2 - Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Add fractions with numerators of 1.
- Add fractions with unlike denominators.
- Subtract common fractions.
- Use the general case method to add or subtract fractions.
|Book 3 - Mixed Numbers
- Interpret quantities represented on a number line.
- Convert improper fractions to mixed numbers, and vice versa.
- Regroup whole numbers and mixed numbers.
- Estimate sums of mixed numbers.
- Add and subtract mixed numbers.
- Apply knowledge of fractions to everyday problems.
|Book 4 - Fraction Review
- Interpret fractions as parts of a whole, as division, and as ratios.
- Apply another method to add and subtract mixed numbers.
- Find the circumference of a circle using the ratio pi.
|Book 5 - Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Recognize basic math terminology.
- Multiply and divide one fraction by another.
- Multiply and divide a whole number by a fraction.
- Multiply and divide by mixed numbers.
- Solve word problems.
|Book 6 - Simplifying Fractions
- Use cancellation to simplify fraction problems.
- Apply additional methods for multiplying and dividing fractions and mixed numbers.
- Find reciprocals of numbers.
- Use reciprocals to simplify compound fractions.
|Book 7 - Decimals and Graphs
- Write fractions as decimals.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals.
- Interpret pie charts and line and bar graphs.
- Use graphs to find information.
|Book 8 - Ratio and Proportion
- Determine when fractions are equivalent.
- Convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
- Convert decimals to percents and percents to decimals.
- Solve for unknowns in problems involving the four basic operations.
|Book 9 - Percentage Problems I
- Apply the basic formula for finding percent.
- Apply formulas to find the part, the whole, or the percent.
- Apply knowledge of percent formula to solve everyday problems.
|Book 10 - Percentage Problems II
- Apply formula for calculating property taxes and assessed value.
- Apply formula for calculating interest, principal, rate, and time.
- Apply formula for calculating discounts and markups.
|Book 1 - Signed Numbers
- Identify signed numbers on the number line.
- Interpret absolute value.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide signed numbers.
- Find unknown quantity using inverse operations.
- Substitute values and evaluate to check an answer.
|Book 2 - Solving Equations
- Apply appropriate sequence of operations.
- Calculate square roots by estimating and averaging.
- Simplify polynomials.
- Use simultaneous equations to solve for unknowns.
- Solve a literal equation for a designated variable.
- Apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
|Book 3 - Geometry
- Determine degrees in an angle.
- Find lengths of sides of triangles using properties of similar triangles and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Determine whether two triangles are similar using the Pythagorean Theorem and cross-multiplication.
- Find the perimeter and area of geometric figures.
|Book 4 - Measurement
- Convert one measurement to another.
- Find unit values.
- Solve problems involving different measures.
- Compute perimeter, area, and volume for various objects.
|Book 5 - Problem Solving
- Translate literal statements into algebraic statements.
- Substitute values in algebraic statements and evaluate.
- Solve everyday problems using problem-solving approach.
- Solve word problems involving more than one unknown.